NETFLIX RETURNS TO 28 BARBARY LANE WITH ARMISTEAD MAUPIN’S TALES OF THE CITY
Laura Linney and Olympia Dukakis Return; Ellen Page Joins the Cast; Working Title TV and NBCUniversal International Studios Produce 10-Part Limited Series
- Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City is a 10-part Netflix original limited series, expected to start production later this year and debut in 2019.
- Academy Award nominee and Emmy-, SAG- and Golden Globe-Award winning actress Laura Linney and Academy Award and Golden Globe winner Olympia Dukakis will reprise their roles as Mary Ann Singleton and Anna Madrigal. Barbara Garrick also to return. Additional cast to be announced.
- Academy Award, BAFTA, Golden Globe and SAG Award nominee Ellen Page will join the cast as Shawna.
- Lauren Morelli (WGA nominee; co-EP and writer Orange is The New Black) serves as showrunner/executive producer and writer.
- Armistead Maupin will executive produce; Alan Poul returns to direct and executive produce. Laura Linney also executive produces.
- Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City is a Working Title Television and NBCUniversal International studios production for Netflix. Working Title’s Andrew Stearn, Liza Chasin, Tim Bevan and Eric Fellner also executive produce. Michael Cunningham will serve as a consulting producer.
Based on the books by Armistead Maupin, this next chapter – Armistead Maupin’s Tales of the City – follows Mary Ann (Laura Linney), who returns home to San Francisco and is reunited with her daughter (Ellen Page) and ex-husband Brian, twenty years after leaving them behind to pursue her career.
Fleeing the midlife crisis that her picture perfect Connecticut life created, Mary Ann returns home to her chosen family and will quickly be drawn back into the orbit of Anna Madrigal (Olympia Dukakis) and the residents of 28 Barbary Lane.